Vada Pav. Vada pav recipe With step by step photos – vada pav Or wada pav Is the common man's food in Mumbai and is a popular street food snack across whole maharashtra. Vada Pav is Mumbai's most popular street food! Spicy potato filling is sandwiched between burger buns and layered with spicy chutney!
How to make vada pav. the vada pav recipe is extremely simple to prepare, yet i would like to add few tips and recommendations while preparing. firstly, ensure the boiled and mashed potatoes are moisture free. The vada pav recipe is made of a spicy potato filling deep fried in a gram flour batter. Along with a hot and spicy garlic chutney, batata vada pav is served inside a small "Ladi Pav". You can have Vada Pav using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vada Pav
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of green chilli paste.
- Prepare As needed of curry leaves.
- Prepare 6 of boiled mashed potatoes.
- You need Pinch of Hing/asafoetida.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 cup of Besan/gram flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need As needed of Ladi pav.
- Prepare As needed of Green chutney.
- You need as needed of Sweet chutney.
- Prepare As needed of Garlic chutney.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s As needed of Fried chillies.
About Vada Pav Recipe: The most popular street food from Mumbai, so much so that Mumbai is almost synonymous to Vada Pav. It is basically Batata Vada sandwiched between slices of Pav along with a. Vada Pav Dry Red Garlic Chutney Vada Pao, Wada Pav, or Wada Pao is a budget-friendly and gratifying Indian Style Burger which hails from the streets of Mumbai.
Vada Pav step by step
- Firstly, in a large kadai heat 2 tsp oil and splutter ½ tsp mustard, a pinch of hing and few curry leaves.add 1-inch ginger, 2 clove garlic, 1 chilli, 2 tbsp coriander and saute well..
- Further, add ¼ tsp turmeric and saute for 30 seconds..
- Add 5 boiled and mashed potato and ½ tsp salt.mix well making sure all the spices are combined well with potato.turn off the flame and add 1 tbsp lemon juice..
- Further, prepare besan batter by taking ¾ cup besan, 1 tbsp rice flour, ¼ tsp turmeric, ¼ tsp chilli powder, a pinch of hing, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp baking soda.add ½ cup water or as required and prepare smooth lump free batter..
- Now make ball sized aloo mixture.dip in prepared besan batter and coat well.deep fry in hot oil..
- Now slit the ladi pav centre halfway without cutting fully.spread 1 tsp green chutney, ½ tsp tamarind chutney and ½ tsp dry garlic chutney on one side of inside pav.finally, press the vada pav and serve immediately. Uyou can roasr the pav by spreading butter on it..
The origin of this sandwich is the Indian state of Maharashtra. Make batata vada by following this recipe. Make dry garlic chutney by following this recipe link. Vada Pav is an Indian slider made with lightly toasted pav buns stuffed with batata vada and flavored with various chutneys. Vada Pav was first among the street food variety in Mumbai.