Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry. This simple peanut and sweet potato curry was a big hit in our house and I hope it will become one of your favourite midweek meals also. This easy vegan sweet potato curry recipe blends roasted veggies with peanut butter and coconut milk for a creamy satay sauce. Add ginger, garam masala and tomato paste.
It's vegetarian, vegan and the perfect. I make variations of this often with brown or green lentils, green mung beans, a combination of the two, different veggies and spices. The combination of earthy lentils, hearty mung beans and veggies like. You can cook Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves diced.
- Prepare 1 of thumb sized piece of ginger diced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 2 tbsp of rendang curry paste.
- It’s 1 can of tinned tomatoes.
- Prepare 480 mls of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- You need 1/2 of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Juice of half a lime.
- It’s 1 of large sweet potato.
- Prepare 100 g of fresh spinach.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
It's for surely gotta be sweet potato curry, for surely for sure. There just cannot be anything else. For example, just off the top of my head: Creamy Thai Sweet Potato Curry that can be made in about Add half of the peanut/cilantro mixture; reserve the rest for topping. Add a quick splash of fish sauce.
Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry instructions
- Using a heavy pan, heat the oil and add the onion, frying until almost translucent..
- Add the garlic and ginger frying for a few minutes stirring regularly..
- Mix in the turmeric and rendang curry paste, frying again for a few minutes. Then stir in the canned tomatoes..
- Next add 480mls of water and allow the sauce to come to a simmer and keep on a low heat until the tomatoes start to fall apart..
- Next mix in the peanut butter and coconut milk. Season with salt and add the lime juice. Give it a good stir..
- Then add the cubed sweet potato and chickpeas and cover the pot. The potato will cook in around 15 minutes but the sauce tastes better the longer you leave it..
- Add the spinach a few minutes before you are ready to serve up giving it a good stir and ensuring its tender..
- You can serve on rice with fresh coriander and chopped peanuts.
Thai Massaman curries aren't traditionally quick and easy. But it's also packed with comforting and satisfying spices. If desired, top each serving with chopped peanuts and additional cilantro. Sweet Potato Curry made in the Instant Pot! This easy vegan curry is packed with so much flavor from red curry paste, paprika and garam masala.