#Gujarati-style pea, potato and tomato #vegan #curry.
You can have #Gujarati-style pea, potato and tomato #vegan #curry using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of #Gujarati-style pea, potato and tomato #vegan #curry
- It’s 1 of medium potato (diced).
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato (chopped).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green peas.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- You need 1 pinch of black mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of tomato purée.
- You need 50 ml of water.
- It’s 1 pinch of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
#Gujarati-style pea, potato and tomato #vegan #curry instructions
- In a pan, heat the cooking oil. As the oil comes to temperature, add the black mustard seeds..
- As the mustard seeds start to spit, add the chopped potatoes and water. [This will stop further sizzle].
- Now add the dry spices (turmeric, chilli powder, ground cumin and coriander) and season to taste. Stir the mix, cover with a lid and cook for a couple of minutes on medium heat..
- Now add the tomatoes, stir, cover with a lid and cook on medium heat until the potatoes are cooked..
- You can also add the peas at this stage, however I like to cook the peas in microwave (for 2 minutes) and toss them in once the potatoes are cooked, so that they retain their lovely green colour!.
- Add a pinch of sugar, stir and take off the heat. Serve warm with rice or flatbread….