Green Batata Harra 🌱 (Spicy Lebanese Mezze Potatoes).
You can cook Green Batata Harra 🌱 (Spicy Lebanese Mezze Potatoes) using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Batata Harra 🌱 (Spicy Lebanese Mezze Potatoes)
- You need 2 of large potatoes – cubed.
- It’s 1 of red chilli -chopped (and/or crushed chilli flakes).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic – crushed.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric (you can sub for Lebanese chilli paste for variation).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 pinch of mustard seeds (optional).
- Prepare 1 pinch of cumin seeds (optional).
- It’s 1 bunch of coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of mint (optional).
- You need 1/2 bunch of parsley (optional).
- You need 1 of lemon (or lime is also nice for a variation).
- You need 1 pinch of sea salt.
- You need 3 tablespoons of rapeseed oil (or cooking oil of your choice).
Green Batata Harra 🌱 (Spicy Lebanese Mezze Potatoes) instructions
- Peel and cube the potatoes, parboil and cool. You don’t need to do this first but it does make them easier to cook and I find that they are not so oily. You can cook as below or in the oven by spraying with oil and baking in the oven on a high heat until crispy. I have a garlic rapeseed oil which does the job perfectly..
- Heat a little oil in a pan. Add the potatoes and cook on a medium heat until they start to get get crispy. Add the coriander seeds (they will start to pop) and the turmeric, chilli and garlic and continue to fry until the spices are cooked and the potatoes are crispy..
- Chop your herbs, squeeze with lemon juice and sprinkle with sea salt. You can combine with the potatoes at this stage but if I’m serving cold I prefer to save half of the herbs to combine at the last minute, it helps them to stay fresh and vibrant. Serve with an extra wedge of lemon 🍋.