Cauliflower and potato curry. This Cauliflower and Potato Curry dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner! It's loaded with delicious spices and comes together so easily! I can't guaranteed that this Cauliflower and Potato Curry is as authentic as traditional Aloo Gobi Masala, but I really did my best to honour it.
My sister likes it with peas too. Steam cauliflower and potatoes use more curry blackpeppercorns ground chop tomatoes and chili poweder or chili flakes. Inspired by a traditional Indian cauliflower dish, aloo gobi, I decided to add potatoes to the mix. You can cook Cauliflower and potato curry using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower and potato curry
- Prepare of Florets of 1 cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin and coriander.
- Prepare of powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- You need 2 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kasuri methi.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of finely chopped coriander.
It makes it a bit heartier and filling, plus the technique I used to incorporate them requires no additional steps. Sweet Potato Cauliflower Curry inspired by aloo gobi with sweet potatoes and roasted cauliflower! In place of regular potatoes I went with sweet because sweet potato's flavor lends itself so well to curry! In this healthy cauliflower soup recipe, roasting the cauliflower first adds depth and prevents the florets from turning to mush.
Cauliflower and potato curry step by step
- Wash potatoes and slice them length wise. In a pan heat 2 tablespoon of oil on medium heat. Add the cauliflower florets and stir fry for couple of minutes. Add the sliced potatoes and cook for further 7 to 8 minutes. You should have golden spots on the florets. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside..
- Add 1 tablespoon oil in the pan and add mustard and cumin seeds. Once it starts crackling add onions and cook until translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric, chilli powder, cumin and coriander powder and tomatoes and cook for couple of minutes. Add 1/4 cup water and mix well. Add kasuri methi, cauliflower potatoes and salt and mix well. Cover and let it cook on low heat until the potatoes and cauliflower are tender. Do not over cook..
- Remove and transfer in serving dish and garnish with coriander and serve hot with roti, paratha or rice..
This cauliflower and potato curry is a delicious vegetarian option that everyone will enjoy. Vegetables braised in an aromatic curry sauce until fragrant and delicious. I was quite surprised my growing by the hour teenager consistently chose a cauliflower and potato curry over meat but was also pleased! A seasonal vegan cauliflower curry with sweet potato, chickpeas, and greens. Serve this healthy curry with naan or rice for a plant based comfort A nice cozy plant-based vegan cauliflower curry to pull through the last bits of winter here.