Great make-ahead Croquetted potatoes. Potatoes – Cubed and peeled, we're making these mashed potatoes fresh. Butter – Unsalted as we want to control the salt Make ahead: Make these as instructed and place them on a baking sheet. Cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate them until.
These are a great way to repurpose and use leftover mashed potatoes. Just make sure the potatoes are chilled ahead of time, as the cold mashed potatoes hold their shape better, making it easier to coat and fry them. Easy, cheesy Funeral Potatoes are a great make-ahead side dish casserole recipe that is great at Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter! You can cook Great make-ahead Croquetted potatoes using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Great make-ahead Croquetted potatoes
- It’s 6 of large velvet potatoes.
- You need 1 Tbsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic (minced).
- You need of Salt (to season).
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper (to season).
- You need 1 of egg (beaten).
Loaded Smashed Potatoes Recipe : New potatoes that are cooked, 'smashed' and then baked until golden brown and crispy and. Potato croquettes are a delicious way to prepare potatoes for a meal. They are also a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. You can make basic potato croquettes using cheese, or you can make savory Japanese ones (also called "korokke".
Great make-ahead Croquetted potatoes instructions
- Peel and cut potatoes into large chunks. Transfer them to a pot and add water until slightly above the potatoes.
- Add enough salt and boil for 30minutes or until tender and cooked through.
- Drain cooked potatoes and transfer them into a clean bowl.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher until completely smooth. Taste the mash for salt (this will determine whether you need to add more salt or not).
- Add garlic, parsley, salt (if there wasn't enough salt before), egg, and white pepper. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Using a spoon, scoop some mash into your palms and form into balls which you will now form into sausage shapes in your preferred size. Feel free to make them in any shape possible.
- Transfer your balls of mash to a container lined with wax paper, close it tightly and freeze until you're ready to fry or bake them.
Potato croquettes are simply an attractive, alternative way of preparing a potato accompaniment for a main meal. Just like French fries or boiled potatoes, they can be served with meat, fish, or even a fairly simple salad. These make ahead mashed potatoes are the perfect recipe for any holiday. Make them up to a day ahead! They're full of butter and cream cheese and are the best mashed potatoes I've ever had.