Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan. Creamy sweet potato curry with spinach! It's a wonderful comfort meal for dinner which is also great for meal prep. Momma Cherri cooks a winter warmer for her vegan peeps.
This filling vegan curry is great for chilly nights. Add the curry paste and fry for a minute more. Add the can of coconut milk, lentils and water to the pan and bring to the boil. You can cook Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 3 cm of chunk fresh ginger, grated.
- It’s 1 of red chilli, finely chopped – or 1/3 tsp chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 50-100 ml of stock or hot water.
- Prepare 1 of butternut squash, cut into bitesized chunks.
- Prepare 1 of sweet potato, cut into bitesized chunks.
- You need of Couple of Handfuls of baby spinach or coriander – or any leafy green.
Warmly Spiced Chickpea Sweet Potato Spinach Curry. Its a use up whatever you have kind of curry. Use beans of choice, squash or Use spices of choice, pumpkin or other squash and other beans. throw everything in the pot and let it cook. This is a rambunctiously vibrant vegan curry, both to look at and eat.
Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later.).
- Sauté the onion for about 10-15 mins..
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, cinnamon and turmeric. Sauté for a couple of mins..
- Add the creamy solid bit from the coconut milk. Sauté for a couple of mins..
- Add the squash, sweet potato and rest of the coconut milk as well as about 250 ml of stock. Bring to boil. Simmer and cover until the squash and potato are cooked – about 45mins. Check to make sure it’s not going dry – add more stock if it is..
- Once the squash and potato are cooked, remove from the heat and squeeze the lime in and stir the leafy greens in. Put the lid back on for a few mins so the greens wilt slightly..
- Serve and enjoy 😋.
Vegan Sweet Potato Curry made with warm spices, creamy coconut and crunchy cashews – make this a really worthwhile dinner. I'm a huge fan of this Vegan Sweet Potato Curry. It SEEMS like a lot of ingredients, and I suppose it is – but most of them are spices, that you're going to blend into some. This is a rambunctiously vibrant curry, both to look at and eat. It is rich, sweet and hearty, with tomatoes providing a balancing acidity and the curry paste bringing uncompromising fire.