Potato porridge. Creating variety of meals gives me joy. So recently I have been cooking up a storm in my diaspora kitchen with a variety of African meals. Potato Porridge has the same bonuses as Dinner, but the ingredients are significantly harder to find.
Try this out and enjoy x And the. These sweet potato breakfast porridge bowls are one of those something-for-everyone-in-all This time of year, I like eating the porridge cold – I allow the roasted sweet potato to cool all the way in. This sweet potato porridge only requires a handful of ingredients, and once the sweet potatoes are baked to perfection, all that's left to do is mix everything up and add some toppings. You can have Potato porridge using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato porridge
- Prepare 1 kg of Irish potatoes.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of bulb of onion.
- You need of Curry.
- You need of Thyme.
- You need of Maggi.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Fresh shrimps.
- It’s of Dried Parsley.
- It’s of Tomato puree.
- It’s of Pepper.
Potato and Fish Porridge with its blend of flavours is a meal you would want to add to your family menu today. Koreans love sweet potatoes and they love their rice, and jook (juk) is comfort food. Place the rice, sweet potato, and water in the rice cooker all together. Using the porridge setting, start cooking.
Potato porridge instructions
- Wash, peel and dice potatoes into cubes. Put in a pot and cover with water to cook, add diced onion, tomato puree, grounded pepper, chopped garlic, curry and thyme and cover to cook for about 10mins. The garlic is optional but I just love the taste of garlic infused in potatoes, either cooked, roasted or grilled..
- The potatoes should be soft at this time so you mash up with a wooden spoon preferably. Leave just a bit of chunks of potatoes so they aren't totally mashed up. Add the olive oil and shrimps and cover to cook for a few more minutes. You can add abit of water if it's too thick..
- Add the parsley or any other herb /vegetable you like or you can serve without.
Yam pottage/Yam porridge (Asaro) is a very delicious Yam recipe though it's eaten by most tribes in You can watch the video on how to make the Nigerian Yam pottage/Yam Porridge (Asaro) Recipe. This sweet potato porridge is perfect for those of you who associate with the Vata dosha. Learn more about this dosha type and learn how to make this dish too. This is how to make sweet potato porridge Nigeria (The Nigerian method). Sweet potatoes are always the most affordable tubers in Nigerian markets. they can also be served as vegetables though.