Crispy Smashed Potatoes.
You can have Crispy Smashed Potatoes using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- It’s 600 g of small yellow potatoes.
- You need 3 tbsps of olive oil.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- It’s of Salt & Ground black pepper.
- It’s of Spring onion, chopped (2-3 tbsps).
Crispy Smashed Potatoes instructions
- To boil the potatoes, first scrub them clean if dirty and rinse under running water. Remove and discard any nubby sprouting areas. Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water (so they are all just about covered). Add a teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue cooking until the potatoes are easily pierced through by a fork. It will take 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Drain and let them cool for a few minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 425F/215C and drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over a large, rimmed baking sheet. Brush the oil so it’s evenly distributed over the sheet..
- Evenly distribute the potatoes over the prepared baking sheet, and use a potato masher or a fork to gently smash each potato to a height of about ½ inch..
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the smashed potatoes. Sprinkle the garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper over the potatoes..
- Bake until the potatoes are nice and golden on the edges, about 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle them with chopped fresh spring onion, and serve hot..