Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake. One Pan Meal-Baked chicken and Potatoes – Drumsticks with potatoes baked in garlic, paprika, and olive oil. Sprinkle with chopped parsley as garnish if desired. This simple baked butternut squash is easy to make, delicious to eat, and looks beautiful on the plate.
This is a great weeknight one-pan. Oven Baked Butternut Squash with no peeling or cubing. Therefore this baked butternut squash recipe makes an easy weeknight side dish. You can cook Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake
- It’s 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil.
- You need 8 of chicken thighs with bones and skins left on.
- Prepare 3 of red onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of leek, sliced.
- You need 1 of red chili with seeds, chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 700 ml of vegetable stock. I use “Marigold” bouillon powder. Sometimes I use 250ml of dry white wine and 500 ml of stock. It’s fine both ways!.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 500 g of new potatoes, in bite-sized chunks.
- You need 4 tbsp of crème fraîche or 0-fat Greek yoghourt.
- You need Handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
The softness of the butternut squash and sweet potatoes is contrasted with the sharpness of the ginger, and the combination is truly magical. Cut the butternut squash and sweet potatoes into wedges. The oven baked carrot sticks are an easy way to eat heart-healthy veggies more often. Baking veggies make them sweeter and more delicious.
Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake step by step
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent (probably 180C, for Circotherm ovens 160C)..
- Heat the oil on the hob in a large roasting tin and, in batches, quickly brown the chicken thighs. Set aside..
- Fry the onion rings for 2 minutes, add the leek, chili and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring gently to avoid sticking..
- Stir in the flour to mix well and fry for a further minute..
- Stir in the stock and then the Cajun seasoning. Return the chicken thighs to the tin, stirring well to ensure the thighs are coated by the mixture..
- Bring to the boil, stirring whilst doing so, and then transfer the roasting to the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes..
- Whilst this is cooking, skin and deseed the butternut squash and cut it into bite-sized chunks..
- When the 30 minutes is up, add the potatoes and butternut squash to the roasting tin, cover with foil and return to the oven for a further hour or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked..
- Quickly stir in the crème fraîche and then the coriander and season to taste..
- Serve immediately, piping hot onto warmed plates..
Cut the potatoes and squash into bite-size chunks. Add halved sweet potatoes to one baking sheet, and the cubed butternut squash to another. Rub sweet potatoes together to distribute the oil, and toss the butternut squash as well. After washing the red potatoes, place them on a baking sheet. Top each potato with two meatballs and drizzle a little butternut squash marinara on top.