Simple Potato Sabji (South Indian Style). South Indian Style Aloo Sabji Indian Tarka (Bengali Style) A South-Indian style Ridge-gourd and Potato curry. (Peerkangai Urulaikilangu Poriyal in Tamil ). It's a very simple recipe yet very very Boil potatoes and peel the skin and mash them and keep aside.
Here is a sweet and spicy drumstick and potato curry made the South Indian way i. e. Flavoured with coconut and whole spices. South Indian Style Potato Fry is an easy and simple side dish. You can cook Simple Potato Sabji (South Indian Style) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Potato Sabji (South Indian Style)
- It’s 2 of Big Potatoes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- It’s leaves of Few Coriander.
- You need 1 of Green chilli.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 Pinch of Hing.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 1 of Tomato finely chopped.
- You need 1 Piece of Ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s As needed of Salt.
It also tastes delicious and crispy. Potatoes are so famous vegetarian side from south India. It is like potato chips in western culture. Many make it every day and I never heard anyone dislike these Indian.
Simple Potato Sabji (South Indian Style) step by step
- Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and cut it into cubes. Keep aside. In wide kadai add oil. Once hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, 2 pinch hing, Turmeric powder, chilli powder,green chilli and ginger. Saute for one minute..
- Now add chopped tomatoes and saute until mushy. Add cubed potatoes, coriander powder, cumin powder, sugar and salt. Saute nicely. Cook until potatoes turns crispy and roasted. Mix every two minutes. Same time don't break too much..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot..
Potato is such a versatile vegetable that literally it can be incorporated in any cuisine. Learn to make this easy Potato Curry in South Indian style. Aloo Paratha – Potato Flatbread ,Aloo Methi Paratha, Aloo Bonda , Aluu Tikki in chats , Curries like Aloo Methi ki Sabji or Aloo Gobi or Aluuu Mutter and many. Recipe for South Indian style tomato rice. Recipe with step by step pictures.