Pressure cooker black eyed peas n potatoes. Looking for good luck in the New Year? A pressure cooker prepares black-eyed peas in less than an hour. You'll never want to eat canned black-eyed peas again!
Rinse the beans under cool, running water and remove any stones, debris and broken or discolored beans. Learn how to prepare this Pressure Cooker Black-Eyed Peas recipe like a pro. Black-eyed peas do not need to be soaked. You can cook Pressure cooker black eyed peas n potatoes using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pressure cooker black eyed peas n potatoes
- Prepare 300 gm of black eyed peas soaked.
- It’s 2 of dice potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of brown chopped onion.
- Prepare 3 pcs of diced green chillies.
- You need 1/2 tea spoon of ginger and garlic paste.
- It’s of Oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tea spoon of fenugreek seeds.
- You need 1/2 tea spoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tb of spoon cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tea spoon of chilly powder.
I have some dried black eye peas, smoked meat, onion, and the cuisinart electric pressure cooker. I plan on cooking these beans without soaking them. How much water, and how long do I need to pressure cook them? thanks a lot for your advice. Cooking the black-eyed peas along with the tomatoes (due to their acidity) allows them to keep their shape, while being creamy and tender on the inside. "Baked" sweet potatoes – I eat baked sweet potatoes all the time but I've never cooked them in my pressure cooker before.
Pressure cooker black eyed peas n potatoes instructions
- First heat your cooker then add oil.after oil is hot put fenugreek seeds till it gets brown..
- After that add tumeric powder n diced potatoes saute for 2-3minutes,adding slice onion, chopped chilly cook it for 2_3minutes.then add beans mix it well..
- Then add chopped tomatoes,ginger garlic paste,add all spices like cumin powder,chilly powder n salt.cook it for 2-3 minutes.then put hot water n cover it for 15_20 minutes till the beans cooked well..
- After 15minutes stir it well n till the beans is soft n mashy then add coriander at the end..
Looking for good luck in the New Year? Or a simple Southern-style side dish? Pressure cooker baby potatoes with butter and parsley. If you're having ham for Easter, save your ham bone to make the soup. Making Quick Black-Eyed Pea Soup in an Instant Pot.