Steak_and_Potatoes. For this recipe you brown the potatoes, cook the steaks, and make the sauce, in the same skillet, leaving you with minimal cleanup. This garlic butter herb steak and potatoes recipe is delicious and easy, made in a skillet. Skillet steak and potatoes packed with flavor from garlic.
Season skirt steak with salt and pepper. Cook on high heat for roughly three minutes each side, for medium-rare. Hope you are having a happy almost-Friday! You can have Steak_and_Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steak_and_Potatoes
- It’s 1 kg of steak of your choice.
- It’s 4 of potatoes.
- It’s 10 cloves of garlic – crushed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of seven spices.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Enough vegetable oil for deep frying.
I'm so happy you liked the Zumba video! Steak and Potato Pie. —Dorothea Coe, Port Angeles, Washington. Place potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl. Steak and mashed potatoes don't have to be a complicated recipe, or an expensive one–despite any preconceived notions you may have.
Steak_and_Potatoes step by step
- Using a hand held meat tenderizer, flatten the steaks untill all slices are the same thickness about 2-3 cm thick..
- In an appropriate mixing bowl marinade the steaks by adding the vinegar, olive oil, seven spice & salt, mix well, cover & refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight..
- Peel the potatoes, cut into circular slices, then wash & strain from excess water..
- Next deep fry the potatoes untill golden & crispy & set aside; Alternatively you can bake the potatoes in the oven for a healthier option..
- In a large saute pan, add 3 tbsp vegetable oil & sear the steaks on both sides over high heat untill it gets a beautiful brown color..
- In a deep oven safe pan or dish, arrange the potatos and steak slices as desired sprinkle wih the crushed garlic on top & salt to taste..
- Bake in the oven for 30 min or untill steak is fully cooked and tender..
- Serve hot next to your choice of side dish..
- By: Bilal Attar.
It's can be easy and affordable if you want to make it that way. Steak and potatoes has never been less traditional than in Chef Chris Anderson's artful take on this classic, which proves that when it comes to an impressive plate, sometimes less really is more. Drain the potatoes and dump them all into the flour mix. I like to fry the potatoes first. They take longer to cook and stay hot while the steak cooks.